Spending Valentine’s Day at home is one of the best options for people who want a cozy date. Don’t let your fear of staining the upholstery hold you back from making the most out of the night. Here are some simple steps to remove three of the most common post-Valentine’s Day stains:
- Blot up as much of the spilled wine as possible.
- Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.
- Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
- Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the stain disappears.
- Sponge with cold water and blot dry. Source: GoodHousekeeping
Grab that dull knife or spoon and lift away as much chocolate as you can. Unless your couch is silk (if it is, just call a professional), mix one tablespoon dish washing detergent with two cups cold water. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center sponging the solution with a clean white cloth.
Use a dry cloth to blot away the moisture and repeat until the stain is gone. Do one final sponge with clear water and allow to air dry. Source: Laundry.About
- Allow the spilled wax to harden. You can speed up this process by filling a plastic bag with ice cubes and holding it on the stain. Don’t try to wipe the wax up before it sets or you will just spread it around, creating a larger problem.
- Remove as much excess wax as possible once it is hardened. This can be done with any blunt, flat-edged implement, such as a butter knife or spatula. Simply chip the wax away until you have removed as much as possible.
- Place a piece of absorbent material such as a paper towel on the stain. Set your iron to a medium heat and gently iron over the paper towel. As the heat from the iron melts the wax, the paper towel absorbs it. As soon as you see the wax absorbing into the paper towel, replace it with a fresh sheet to prevent inadvertently ironing the wax back onto the sofa. Repeat with fresh sheets of paper towel until the stain is gone. Source: SFGate
Or, avoid all hassle by having our experts clean your home for you. Contact us!
Cleaning With Love
110 W 1st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H4